The hope and intent of the School is that students will:
- Gain inspiration and guidance to help bring them to a fuller, richer and more productive life
- To evolve the spiritual aspect of their being
- To serve society to the best of their ability.
These are the principles that we adhere to:
- All tutors are also students of philosophy in the School.
- Tutors give their time freely and receive no pay for their services. Two office staff are part-time employees and are paid.
- Course fees are used for necessary expenditure such as the purchase of furniture and equipment, maintenance of premises, administration, advertising etc.
- Fees are kept to a practical minimum – they do not cover capital expenditure, which is made possible by donations, loans and legacies from students with the means to contribute in this way.
- No one may receive financial advantage from attendance at the School.
- Neither attendance at the School nor position in it is for obtaining personal advantage.
- In order to protect student relationships, students are asked not to enter into financial or business arrangements between themselves without appropriate prior consultation.
- Students are asked not to indulge in criticism of others, but practise tolerance and respect and raise issues or concerns in a reasonable way.
- All are welcome to sample what the School has to offer through the introductory courses, and to continue further with the study and practice if they wish to do so.